TBS Seeks Nominations for the Board of Directors
The Triangle Blues Society (TBS), a 501 (c3) organization, is currently seeking qualified candidates for nomination to the Board of Directors. The nominating process opens on May 31, 2015 and ends at midnight on June 30, 2015.
Like any charitable arts organization, TBS asks board members for some combination of time and talent commensurate with their personal resources, and attend regularly scheduled board meetings, held at least 4 times a year.
All board nominees must be Triangle Blues Society members and secure nominations from 3 existing Triangle Blues Society members. A member may nominate themselves, but they still need the support of 2 other current TBS members. To be considered, each person submitting a nomination must accompany it with a paragraph setting forth (1) their experience with this person and (2) why they believe the person would make an outstanding Board member. Each nominee must submit:
- short biography with a focus on personal experiences that will support the Society’s goals;
- the names of those people nominating the candidate;
- jpeg photo (optional); and
- brief answers to the following questions:
- What experience or talents do you possess that makes you a suitable candidate for the position?
- What other skill sets do you possess that may be of help to the Society?
- On what other nonprofit Boards have you actively served, if any?
- What is your connection to blues music and blues music community?
- What personal commitments, or limitations, should the Society expect from you?
- As you think about your role as a Triangle Blues Society board member, what area do you think you will be most active?
- What are your personal dreams or aspirations in regards to “keeping the blues alive” that will enhance your service on this board?
Send all materials to Terri Robbins at Triangle Blues Society, P.O. Box 147, Wake Forest, NC, on or before June 30, 2015.
Once the submissions are evaluated, candidates will be voted on by current TBS members, with elections slated for July 1, 2015.
If you have any questions, please Deborah Miller at .
Blue Challenge 2015!
Check out the Triangle Blues Calendar - We have Great Blues!
There is a lot more Blues going on in the Triangle. Check out the Triangle Blues Society Calendar for a list area blues shows in that people have told us about! .
If you are a blues band/artist/group/venue, or whatever and you want to add your Triangle area show to the calendar please let us know by sending your events to email@example.com with "BLUES CALENDAR" in the subject line, and we will gladly add your shows.
Please keep it to Triangle area Blues events only and remember to include Band Name/Date/Time/Location/Price etc. Feel free to pass this info on to your favorite blues bands!
TBS BluesNews Newsletter
Download the March 2015 TBS Newsletter (PDF).
Download the November 2014 TBS newsletter (PDF).
Download the October 2014 TBS newsletter (PDF).
Download the September 2014 TBS newsletter (PDF).
Download the August 2014 TBS newsletter (PDF).
Download the July 2014 TBS newsletter (PDF).
Triangle Blues Society on Facebook
Visit the TBS facebook page for photos and more information about blues music in the Triangle. www.facebook.com/TriangleBluesSociety